Our daughter Maeve is 15 months old now. Going to post a fairly quick sort-of scrapbook post here to get down what she’s up to at this age.
She’s talking… I think she speaks about 10 words which she started using in roughly this order:
- dog [which is kind of “dah”],
- ball [which is kind of “bah”],
- baby [which is kind of “bay”],
- yum [which she says num-num-num which means generally postitive comment on eating/food]
- chick [my wife Carrie heard this, I didn’t – and it’s in the baby chicken sense – from the book Barnyard Dance, one of her favorites]
So maybe it’s a few less than ten? She also uses gestures – pointing a lot, more-or-less clapping her hands (at least making that motion.) She raises both arms toward us to ask “pick me up.” She understands a lot more: shoes, nose, chin, kiss, diaper, bath, potty, etc.
She’s definitely mobile (more…)