Our daughter Maeve is 15 months old now. Going to post a fairly quick sort-of scrapbook post here to get down what she’s up to at this age.
She’s talking… I think she speaks about 10 words which she started using in roughly this order:
- dog [which is kind of “dah”],
- ball [which is kind of “bah”],
- baby [which is kind of “bay”],
- yum [which she says num-num-num which means generally postitive comment on eating/food]
- chick [my wife Carrie heard this, I didn’t – and it’s in the baby chicken sense – from the book Barnyard Dance, one of her favorites]
So maybe it’s a few less than ten? She also uses gestures – pointing a lot, more-or-less clapping her hands (at least making that motion.) She raises both arms toward us to ask “pick me up.” She understands a lot more: shoes, nose, chin, kiss, diaper, bath, potty, etc.
She’s definitely mobile – walking, more-or-less running – climbing stairs, going down them backwards. She just figured out how to pull and push toys designed for that (before she would pick up toys and carry them around by the string.)
We’re both artists… so we got her her own easel, plus paper, pens, crayons… which she sometimes uses. She hasn’t taken to art like a fish to water just yet.
She dances, often sticking her elbows out… but I haven’t caught that on film yet.
We recently took the Amtrak Coast Starlight train up to Santa Cruz for a week of vacation. It was good to spend time with Carrie’s friends who have become my friends. Unfortunately, Maeve didn’t sleep all that well, so neither did we.
More photos soon!