Crossed Plus One Hundred Nitpicks
This page includes very minor errors that I found reading and re-reading Crossed Plus One Hundred comics. This is not a critique of the comic. None of these are a big deal. They’re all my nitpicky nature showing, being slightly critical of something I’m enjoying.
This page lists things that look like typos, coloring mistakes. I think that this stuff might be corrected in something like a collected edition, but if it isn’t, no problem.
(I am happy and proud to report that pretty much all of these for No. 1-6 have been fixed in the CPOH Volume 1 trade paperback! I’ve added an * asterisk on items that were updated in the TPB.)
Alan Moore Arc
- *P23, p1 – “…the I kicked for my compartment” seems like it should be “then I kicked…”
- P1,p5 – colorist may have missed man waving’s leg
- *P10,p1 – “people‘s” should probably be “peoples”
- P19,p2 – the white rectangle (behind the white-jacketed Crossed’s right hand) probably shouldn’t be white. It appears in color earlier on P16,p1.
- P23,p6 – repeats P1,p5 leg coloring above
- *P3,p3 – “Kriswyczis” should probably be “Kriswyczkis”
- *P15,p1 – “busses” should probably properly be spelled “buses” according to grammarist… though this is actually completely consistent throughout CPOH, so it’s perhaps just 2108-speak-spelling?
- *P5,p1 – P5,p2 – P6,p1 – “busses” might be “buses”.
- *P2,p1 – “Whoah!” should probably be “Whoa!” (today’s proper spelling) or maybe just “Wo!” (CPOH-speak for whoa, CPOH2 P15,p3)
- *P8,p5 – “weapon-horde” might more properly be “weapon-hoard”
- *P10,p5 – “how normal the talked” should probably be “how normal they talked”
- *P11,p4 – second and third word balloons seems to be coming from the wrong persons, because Keller appears to be pointing to the altar, but mentioning the mosaic. They should probably be switched.
- *P23,p1 – “busses” might be “buses”
- P5,p3 – word balloon should probably have a tail pointing to Taylor (on horse on left)
- *P5,p4 and P5,p5 and P8,p3 – “busses” might be “buses”
- P5,p5 – seems like these two word balloons should have tails. Upper balloon is Kriswyczki (uppermost rider.) Lower balloon isn’t 100% clear, probably points to same upper rider, Kriswyczki.
- P16,p3 (and maybe P16,p1?) – the colorist may have misidentified the two women; Kriswyczki seems to have Taylor’s skin color, and vice-versa
- P18-19 – the sky should probably stay the same color, or slightly darken, not get lighter (compare P18,p1 to P19,p3.)
CPOH1-6 minor inconsistencies:
- *horrorball (CPOH1 P24,p2) vs. horror–ball (CPOH2 P10,p3 and CPOH5 P11,p4)
- *Mustaqbal (CPOH3 P14,p5) vs. Mustaqba (throughout CPOH4)
- “what–for” (CPOH2 P1,p2) vs. “what for” (CPOH6 P8,p2)
CPOH1-6 minor British English that might be American English:
- *encyclopaedia vs. encyclopedia (CPOH1 P7,p3 and P12,p4 – CPOH2 P1,p1 – CPOH4 P12,p1 and P14,p2) (In CPOH1 P7,p3 art shows “encyclopedia” actual book here.)
- *phial vs. vial (CPOH3 P22,p3)
- *armoury vs. armory (CPOH5 P8,p5)
- *centre vs. center (CPOH5 P11,p5)
- *behaviour vs. behavior (CPOH6 P22,p3)
Si Spurrier Arcs
- P22,p1 – “AKAWK” should probably be “AFAWK”. (Thanks commenter zyxyx)
- P3,p2 – the cover of the book Gateway appears to be upside down.
- P3,p3 – “busses” might be “buses”
- P4,p2-3 – the coloring on the tablecloth doesn’t match across the two panels.
- P6,p3 – this panel takes place earlier, could be sepia-tone
- P8,p1 – “busses” might be “buses”
- CPOH9 and 10 – the appearance of the rejex faces is inconsistent. In CPOH9 they have plus markings on their faces; the markings disappear in CPOH10.
- P4,p1 – The text “Hasn’t worked.” might be in black, not red (to be consistent with other Taylor journal entries.)
- P4,p1 and P7,p3 – The LA Dodgers cap should probably be white letters on a blue cap.
- P4,p1 and P5,p1 – The logo on the red cap is inconsistent; it changes from saturn(?) to “BO”(?).
- P20,p3 – “busses” might be “buses”
CPOH12 (nothing afawk)
- P7,p2 – “Not since we stated the camp pain” should probably be “Not since we started…”
- P12,p2 – Beau Salt’s Crossed rash is not colored red
CPOH15-17 (nothing afawk)
- P18-19,p1-2 – The background people shown in panel 1 should probably also be shown in panel 2
- American History X wrap variant cover date shows “2144” though it should probably be “2114”
>Go to the real Crossed Plus One Hundred annotations